Bowling Hood Search

Subscribe Now: Feed Icon

Monday, March 8, 2010

Kretzer comeback a study to watch

How awesome was Brian Kretzer's performance yesterday at the PBA Don Johnson Eliminator yesterday?

He transformed from being a big hook-big rev player to "straighter is greater". I think it's the biggest mechanics transformation I've seen a bowler make in his game since I started watching tour players in 1966.

When coaching students, I always tell them, "The great players make hook balls go straight, and straight balls hook." Norm Duke already proved that. Kretzer showed me a lot yesterday even though he didn't win.

And on the subject of winning, will the people who complain the Mike Scroggins is boring please get a clue? The pins don't understand personality.

Hope you like the blast-from-the-past video of Kretzer as an amateur in 1997 with some other pretty good players still around.

No comments:

Post a Comment